This repacking kit for Titan Powrliner 550, 800 or 850 linestripers repairs the displacement pump (fluid section) on your machine. Titan Part Number 759-365.
Servicing the Fluid Section
Use the following procedures to replace the seals and repack the fluid section.
Disassembling the Fluid Section
1. Remove the suction set.
2. Remove the front cover and the four screws that secure it
using a T20 Torx head driver.
3. Remove the yoke screw and washer that secures the
dowel pin. The dowel pin connects the yoke to the piston.
4. Using a pliers, pull the dowel pin out.
5. Inspect the yoke assembly and piston. In order to remove
all the necessary parts, the piston must not be in the
bottom dead center position. If the piston is at the bottom
of the stroke, install the front cover and screws, start the
engine to run the pump briefly, turn of the engine, unplug
the unit, and repeat step 2.
6. Unscrew and remove the inlet valve assembly.
7. Remove the piston assembly by pushing down on the
piston near the yoke.
8. Unscrew and remove the top nut using an adjustable
9. Remove the worn seals using a flat head screwdriver or
punch. Remove the top seal from the top and the bottom
seal from the bottom by pressing against the side of
the seal and popping it out. Be sure not to scratch the
housing where the seals are located.
10. Clean the area where the new seals are to be installed.
Assembling the Fluid Section
1. Lubricate the new top seal with Piston Lube (P/N 314-480)
or light household oil and place the seal by hand with the
cup side of seal down into the top port of the housing.
2. Place a small amount of anti-seize on the threads of the
top nut. Place the top nut into the top of the housing and
tighten with an adjustable wrench. This will drive the top
seal into the correct position.
3. Turn the pump upside down.
Lubricate the seal on the piston/
seal assembly similar to the
top seal. Place the piston/seal
assembly into the bottom of the
housing. Insert the insertion
tool and thread into position to
properly seat the piston/seal.
Thread fully until tight. Remove
the insertion tool.
4. Install the new O-ring on the inlet
valve assembly, lubricate with
Piston Lube (P/N 314-480), thread into the bottom (inlet)
of the housing, and tighten with an adjustable wrench.
This will drive the bottom seal into the correct position.
5. Align the piston with the yoke. Be careful not to damage
6. Apply any type of household grease to the piston and yoke
area to prolong life. Apply to the holes in the yoke where
the dowel is inserted.
7. Install the dowel pin to connect the yoke to the piston.
The piston may have to be moved up or down to align with
8. Install the yoke screw and washer to secure the dowel pin.
9. Turn pump right side up and apply a few drops of Piston
Lube or light household oil betwe
en the top nut and piston.
This will prolong the seal life.
10. Install front cover and four (4) screws.
11. Replace inlet valve and install the suction set.
12. Turn on the sprayer by following the procedure in the
“Operation” section of this manual and check for leaks.