Oil-Based Line Striping Road Paint
Durable, long-lasting oil-based paint. Sold in 5-gallon pails. Canadian customers please call for Canadian prices.
The Bottom Line
Durable Oil-Based Traffic Paint
Looking for a fast-dry asphalt marking paint to complement your new sealcoat job or to highlight faded spots?
Asphalt Kingdom's durable alkyd traffic marking paint lasts and lasts - buy quality and see the difference!
We're offering three colors: Blue, Yellow and White. All three work on asphalt and concrete and provide a long-lasting finish.
Can You Buy Oil Based Paint?
Due to State regulations, we are unable to ship or sell oil-based paints to the following states. Please click here to visit our water-based paint page.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Virginia (Northern Region)
- Use AK's alkyd paint anywhere you need clear lines in a durable finish.
- Before using it, make sure the surface is clean and dry. If you're painting over previously-painted areas, use a stiff-bristled broom or power washer to remove loose paint. Apply at temperatures of 50*F or more.
- If you are applying the paint to new concrete, cure it for a minimum of 30 days prior to painting.
- Our special road paint can be used with glass beads if you'd like the lines to be reflective.
- You get 320 linear feet per gallon, and 1,600 linear feet per 5-gallon pail.
You can use oil-based line striping road paint with any of the line stripers for sale on our site except the AK Line Striping Machine (aerosol paints only) and the Titan Powrliners 550 and 850 (water-based paints only). All other Powrliners are designed to work with this paint.
|White Paint||Yellow Paint|
|Viscosity @ 77°F||90-110 KU||90-110 KU|
|Weight per Gallon @ 77°F||12.8 +/- 0.2||12.9 +/- 0.2|
|Pigment (% by weight)||59.0 Maximum||59.1 Maximum|
|Total Solids (% by weight)||72.0 Minimum||72.0 Minimum|
|Non Vol. Vehicle (% by weight of vehicle)||36.0 Minimum||36.0 Minimum|
|Directional||80% Minimum||50% Minimum|
|Reflectance||0.98 Minimum||0.98 Minimum|
|Opacity, 10 mil||3.32 lb/gal||3.34 lb/gal|
|V.O.C.||398.28 g/liter||400.46 g/liter|
|Clean-up Solvents||Toluene, Methyl-ethyl ketone or equivalent|
|Dimensions||12" x 19"|