Potholes in roads or parking lots are a hazard for both people and vehicles. Ensure that you and other people who drive or walk on your pavement are safe by patching those potholes with Aquaphalt 6.0. This product is the number-one rated cold asphalt patch — fill holes fast and drive on them immediately!
What is Aquaphalt 6.0?
Aquaphalt 6.0 is a versatile pothole repair product that is used to permanently fix distressed asphalt and concrete. It contains small aggregates mixed with a heavy-duty binder, making it perfect for patching deep potholes, puddles, large cracks, and other pavement surface damage.
It can be used year-round and in all weather conditions — even during wintertime (below freezing temperature)!
Aquaphalt is available in 50 lb. buckets, and each bucket can cover around 5 sq. ft at 1" thick. This asphalt patching product is approved by DOTs of most states. Give us a call at 1-866-399-5562 to check if Aquaphalt 6.0 is available in your state.
- Permanent repair — it's stronger than asphalt or concrete
- Sets up with just water in 15 minutes.
- Environmentally friendly — no VOCs
Aquaphalt 6.0 is one of the few patching products on the market that can be used on asphalt and concrete. And because it contains aggregates, it is ideal for fixing large cracks, as well as gaps between two sections of your pavement.
It can also be used to repair the following:
- Asphalt and concrete roads
- Utility cuts
- Tennis courts
- Race tracks
When is the Best Time to Apply Aquaphalt 6.0?
The best time to apply Aquaphalt 6.0 is anytime you want. You can patch potholes and large cracks year-round, and yes, even during winter!
How to Patch Pavements with Aquaphalt 6.0
Installation couldn't be easier! Here's how you can do permanent pothole repair with this product.
- Clear any loose pebbles or debris out of the pothole using a wire street broom.
- Open the bucket and pour Aquaphalt into the pothole or depression.
- If the depression is more than 2" deep, fill the first two inches, then compact using an asphalt tamper. Add two more inches, and so on until the hole is completely full. Make sure to put more Aquaphalt in the center to prevent it from forming a depression once you tamp the product down.
- Hose it down with water to activate the product's adhesive. If you're working in the middle of winter, we recommend that you add salt brine or antifreeze to the water before hosing down the repaired section.
Note: Use a gallon of water for every bucket of Aquaphalt.
- Tamp it down using a tamper or an asphalt roller.
Why Use Aquaphalt 6.0?
Aquaphalt 6.0 is the gold standard when it comes to patching damaged asphalt and concrete.
Consumer Reports rated it the number 1 blacktop patch in the market thanks to its superior shear resistance and durability.
It also offers superb resistance against rutting and skid compared to other blacktop sealers in the market. It doesn't contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that can harm you or the environment. Best of all, it is one of the few asphalt patching products that can be used even in the middle of a harsh winter.
How to Store Aquaphalt 6.0
Aquaphalt reacts with air and water, so store it in a cool, dry place. No matter what time of year it is, avoid storing in freezing temperatures. If it freezes, allow it to completely thaw before use. Avoid too much exposure to hot temperatures as this may cause the liquid binder to settle at the bottom of the container.
It is recommended to use the product completely upon opening the container. Once opened, Aquaphalt will become dense in a matter of days depending on the humidity in the environment. A sealed container, if properly stored, will last 12 months from the production date.
Aquaphalt is available in 12 pails, 24 pails and 36 pails. Each pail weighs 50 lbs. and will cover approximately 5 square feet at 1" thick.