FREE Ryno Crack Cleaning Brush included with your AK10 purchase. $45 Value
FREE hand paddle agitator at the top which mixes the crack filler in the kettle so it melts faster. $125 value – free!
One man operation. Designed for commercial and residential use. (Propane bottle not incl.)
The AK10 is designed to melt down rubber cubes of crackfiller and apply it in cracks at walking speed.
Compare our different pour pots.
The Bottom Line
10 Gallon Melter Applicator
Fill twenty five feet worth of cracks in just 15 seconds.
That's $10 in profit in just 15 seconds.
Learn more about this amazing machine and how it stacks up to the competition's.
See the new and improved 2015 AK10 here:
The AK10 gallon melter and applicator is the best hot pour crack filling system on the market. If you are looking to fill cracks on residential and commercial asphalt surfaces it is the right hot pour crack filling system for you.
It's a 2 in 1 unit designed to melt down rubber cubes of crackfiller and apply it at walking speed. Anyone can do it.
Every sealcoating company should own an AK Crack Sealing applicator as you can charge up to $1 per linear foot for hot pour machine crack filling.
Every large property owner should also own this unit to make sure that the cracks are filled and sealed to prevent asphalt deterioration.
You can do between $500 and $1000 in profits, daily with an AK crack filling system. One of these units should be on each of your trucks as it is a wonderful up sell when you are on a sealcoating job.
|Choosing a Melter|
|Unit Weight||121 lbs||110 lbs|
|Construction||13-gauge steel||16-gauge steel|
|Wheels||1/4-inch wheel with 5/8-inch axle||1/8-inch wheel with 3/4-inch axle|
|Temperature Gauge||Howes, protected by steel brackets||Generic brand with no protection|
|Mixer||Mid-length for easy mixing||Too high - creates strain & resistance|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime||1 year|
The AK10 Crack Melter Applicator is designed to melt and apply a hot pour rubberized crack filler that expands in the crack when drying and setting. You may have seen a similar product being applied on the roads and highways by road crews.
It sure doesn't hurt to offer this crack filling service to your clients. We usually recommend doing 1 or 2 cracks for free and then ask the client if they would like us to do the rest of the cracks. Consider the free crack filling on a couple cracks the demo. When the clients actually see the system in action they can't say "NO" and will happily spend an additional $50 to $100 in crack filling on their driveway.
It's wonderful being able to offer your clients a proper crackfiller solution that will get the job done right. Nothing better than hot pour crack filler and you can now offer it when purchasing this system.
As you can see in the video above, the system fills the cracks with hot pour crackfill and then has a scraper that smooths the asphalt crack filler out on the asphalt surface.
The AK10 gallon crack filler system is mounted on steel wheels and comes equipped with a handle control release valve, steel finish plate for striking off the sealant in uniform width, a burner that is propane fired with hose, regulator for propane and heat flow and temperature gauge.
The system is very easy to maneuver for following random cracks that are up to two inches wide.
This system is much faster than using hand held pour pots and does a way better job compared to standard liquid acrylic crackfills that you can purchase at local hardware stores. Hot pour crackfiller lasts around 3 years VS cold pour which lasts about 6 months.
The AK10 melter and applicator has No Sales Tax! Call us toll free to order or if you have questions - 1-866-399-5562 Ext. 1
|AK10 Asphalt Crack Repair Machine|
|Purpose||Melts cubes of rubber crackfill and applies it into asphalt cracks. Capable of melting and applying up to 700 pounds of hot pour crack filler per day (totalling approx. 6300 linear feet of 1/2" cracks). Heats 40 pounds of crackfill in under 7 minutes.|
|Construction||12 gauge steel|
|Front Caster||1/8"-thick steel wheel|
|Bushings||Constructed with a nickel/bronze mix|
|Dimensions||48"D x 24"W x 36"H|
Photos & Videos
Questions & Answers
How does the AK10 arrive?
The AK10 arrives in a crate, with the kettle wrapped in plastic. The torch assembly is wrapped separately within the crate. The handle assembly is in a separate box.
How do I assemble the AK10?
You can download and print out the AK10 Assembly Instructions, which works in conjunction with the assembly guide diagram that's included with your AK10. We've also created this assembly video to guide you through each step. The assembly should take 15-20 minutes.
Valve not opening or closing
Typically this issue is due to having heated and cooled crack filler within the machine, and allowing crack filler to solidify within the valve. It is recommended to take the torch while it is on and apply it directly to the valve – this will heat up the cooled crack filler and allow the valve to function correctly again.
Valve Leaks & Shoe Problems:
- Valve leaks in off position
- Valve leaks slightly at all times
- Shoe is not flush to the ground
Please make sure the handlebars at the side of the machine are fully inserted into the sleeve. Even if the handlebars are 1" from the end, it can put both the valve and the shoe off from their sitting positions. Loosen the fasteners that hold the handlebars in place, push the handlebars completely in so they are flush with the end of the sleeve, and secure the fasteners back into place.
Temperature not stable
This depends on whether or not there is hot fluid within the hopper. If there isn't enough hot fluid in the hopper to cover the temperature gauge, the temperature reading will be incorrect and will often read higher than the actual temperature of the melted liquid. It is suggested to have the proper amount of hot liquid at all times and adjust the temperature to maintain that proper amount of melted liquid.
Temperature will not go up to 400 degrees
If there is not enough liquid within the hopper to get the base temperature of the machine up, it may be tough to reach higher temperatures. Please check that the torch is operating at a high enough temperature. If it's not operating with enough power, 400 degrees will not be reached. Another factor is the propane tank pressure. If it's only 1/3 full, then there is much less pressure and will have a great effect on torch heat and operation. Please make sure you have a propane tank that is adequately filled and is not almost empty.
Is the temperature gauge filled with glycerine?
They are not glycerine-filled, but we are looking to implement this.
Is the propane included with my AK10?
No, propane tanks are not included with any of our crack filling units.
How long does it take to melt your hot pour crack filler?
It takes 10 minutes to melt the first 50lbs, and about 2-4 to melt the subsequent added cubes.
How many linear feet of crackfill do you get per box of crack filler?
You will get 300-400 linear feet of coverage per 50lb box of hot pour crack fill.
What do I do with my left over crack fill?
Simply turn off the heat, let it cool and you can reheat the crack fill when needed.
How do I clean my AK10 when I'm done filling cracks?
There is no need to clean the AK10. Simply use all your crack fill and leave it empty or turn off the heat and cool the remaining crack filler for the next use.
How many wheels are on the AK 10 crack melter applicator?
There are two rear wheels and a smaller rotating wheel on the front of the AK10 crack melter applicator.
Safety precautions must be observed when using this equipment.
Failure to follow these directions and to exercise reasonable care can result in damage or injury.
- Move the AK10 so it will be at least six feet from combustible material. Load the AK10's kettle with 50 pounds of crack filler. Cardboard box must be removed. Plastic bag can stay and will melt into heated material when stirred.
- Light the LP torch. Always remove torch from kettle before lighting.
- Insert the torch in the burner well without smothering the flame. NOTE: If the torch is inserted in the burner well when the flame is at full blast, it is likely to be smothered before it can start an up draft. If the torch is smothered while in the burner well of the kettle, it is extremely important to allow any unburned gas in the kettle well to vent before reinserting the torch. If the wind is a factor, locate the Flex Kettle so burner is operating down wind. Shielding may also be necessary.
- Make sure the torch is in the proper position within the burner well's center. Remove any obstructions. 5. After waiting a moment allowing the circulation of air to start around the pan, the regulating valve can be adjusted as needed.
- The Flex Kettle is designed to draw off liquid for use as soon as pouring temperature is reached. In heating remember that the heat penetrates the block of crack filler slowly. Waiting for blocks to completely melt is inefficient and time consuming. For best results and fastest melting, use material as it liquefies. When operating at high flame, stir the material frequently as it heats. Extended heating over 400° F will destroy elastomeric polymers.
- Agitate the crack filler before applying it or drawing off. Agitation will increase melting rate and keep unmelted portion of polybag away from draw off valve.
- Flashing can be completely prevented by not allowing the material to exceed 400° F. Remove the torch if the crack filler gets too hot. For normal operation, half the normal flame on the torch gives sufficient heat. If flashing occurs, close the cover. Never use water to extinguish a fire in the AK10. Always have an extinguisher available rated to combat oil fires.
- You do not need to drain or clean out the AK10's kettle. However, it will be much easier to start up the next time with the least amount of leftover crackfiller in the kettle. WARNING: Never allow the torch to fire in an empty kettle.
- If you cover the kettle vent holes while the torch is in operation; you will stop draft and smother the flame. Whenever the kettle is stored, it should be covered to prevent water from collecting in the pan.