RY10 Crack Fill Machine
The 10-gallon melter and applicator crack fill machine is the safer, faster way to crack fill. No more transferring molten crack filler from a melting kettle to a pour pot. Simply light the propane burner, drop in a brick of rubberized crack filler, and in less than ten minutes you'll be sealing cracks.
The RY10 comes standard with a handle agitation directly on the kettle. You can upgrade to the optional on-the-fly paddle agitator on the handlebars, which allows you to agitate the crack filler while pushing the machine. The agitator is designed to mix the crack filler in the kettle so it melts faster and prevents blockage in the drain valve inside the kettle.
We strongly recommend upgrading to the RY10 LOADED Asphalt Crack Sealing Machine or the RY10 PRO Crack Seal Machine when buying a 10 gallon melter crack fill machine. It will save you time and make you more money.
The RY10 is designed to melt down rubber cubes of crack filler and apply it in cracks at walking speed. Fill twenty-five feet worth of cracks in just 15 seconds. That's $10 in profit in just 15 seconds. It's a 2 in 1 unit designed to melt down rubber cubes of crackfiller and apply it at walking speed. Anyone can do it.
The Bottom Line
Every sealcoating company should own an RY10 Crack Fill Machine as you can charge up to $1.00 per linear foot for hot pour crack filling.
Every large property owner should also own this unit to make sure that the cracks are filled and sealed to prevent asphalt deterioration.
You can do between $500 and $1000 in profits, daily with an RY crack filling system. One of these units should be on each of your trucks as it is a wonderful up sell when you are on a sealcoating job.
The RY10 Crack Melter Applicator is designed to melt and apply a hot pour rubberized crack filler that expands in the crack when drying and setting. You may have seen a similar product being applied on the roads and highways by road crews.
It sure doesn't hurt to offer this crack filling service to your clients. We usually recommend doing 1 or 2 cracks for free and then ask the client if they would like us to do the rest of the cracks. Consider the free crack filling on a couple cracks the demo. When the clients actually see the system in action they can't say "NO" and will happily spend an additional $50 to $100 in crack filling on their driveway.
It's wonderful being able to offer your clients a proper crack filler solution that will get the job done right. Nothing better than hot pour crack filler and you can now offer it when purchasing this system.
As you can see in the video above, the system fills the cracks with hot pour crack fill and then has a scraper that smoothens the asphalt crack filler out on the asphalt surface.
The RY10 gallon crack filler system is mounted on steel wheels and comes equipped with a handle control release valve, steel finish plate for striking off the sealant in uniform width, a burner that is propane fired with hose, regulator for propane and heat flow and temperature gauge.
"The RY10 is an easy-to-use machine"
Henry Connart, 16 years old.
The system is very easy to maneuver for following random cracks that are up to two inches wide.
This asphalt crack filling machine is much faster than using hand held pour pots and does a way better job compared to standard liquid acrylic crack fills that you can purchase at local hardware stores. Hot pour crack filler lasts around 3 years VS cold pour which lasts about 6 months.
The RY10 crack fill machine has No Sales Tax and Ships Free! Call us toll free to order or if you have questions - 1-866-399-5562
You can purchase asphalt crack filler for your crack repair machine.
|RY10 Asphalt Crack Repair Machine|
|Purpose||Melts cubes of rubber crackfill and applies it into asphalt cracks. Capable of melting and applying up to 700 pounds of hot pour crack filler per day (totalling approx. 6300 linear feet of 1/2" cracks). Heats 40 pounds of crackfill in under 7 minutes.|
|Construction||14 gauge powder-coated steel|
|Front Caster||1/8"-thick steel wheel with twin row bearings and a grease fitting for greater tolerance of vertical and horizontal force, vibration and debris|
|Bushings||Constructed with a nickel/bronze mix|
|Dimensions||48"D x 24"W x 36"H|
|Choosing a Melter|
|Unit Weight||134 lbs |
(heavier means thick steel)
(lighter means thinner steel)
|16-gauge steel |
|Wheels||1/4-inch wheel with 5/8-inch axle||1/8-inch wheel with 3/4-inch axle|
|Temperature Gauge||Howes, protected by steel brackets||Generic brand with no protection|
|Mixer||Mid-length for easy mixing||Too high - creates strain & resistance|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime||1 year|
Photos & Videos
Questions & Answers
Valve not opening or closing
Typically this issue is due to having heated and cooled crack filler within the machine, and allowing crack filler to solidify within the valve. It is recommended to take the torch while it is on and apply it directly to the valve – this will heat up the cooled crack filler and allow the valve to function correctly again.
Valve Leaks & Shoe Problems:
- Valve leaks in off position
- Valve leaks slightly at all times
- Shoe is not flush to the ground
Please make sure the handlebars at the side of the machine are fully inserted into the sleeve. Even if the handlebars are 1" from the end, it can put both the valve and the shoe off from their sitting positions. Loosen the fasteners that hold the handlebars in place, push the handlebars completely in so they are flush with the end of the sleeve, and secure the fasteners back into place.
Temperature not stable
This depends on whether or not there is hot fluid within the hopper. If there isn't enough hot fluid in the hopper to cover the temperature gauge, the temperature reading will be incorrect and will often read higher than the actual temperature of the melted liquid. It is suggested to have the proper amount of hot liquid at all times and adjust the temperature to maintain that proper amount of melted liquid.
Temperature will not go up to 400 degrees
If there is not enough liquid within the hopper to get the base temperature of the machine up, it may be tough to reach higher temperatures. Please check that the torch is operating at a high enough temperature. If it's not operating with enough power, 400 degrees will not be reached. Another factor is the propane tank pressure. If it's only 1/3 full, then there is much less pressure and will have a great effect on torch heat and operation. Please make sure you have a propane tank that is adequately filled and is not almost empty.
Is the temperature gauge filled with glycerine?
They are not glycerine-filled, but we are looking to implement this.
Is the propane included with my RY10?
No, propane tanks are not included with any of our crack filling units.
How long does it take to melt your hot pour crack filler?
It takes 10 minutes to melt the first 50lbs, and about 2-4 to melt the subsequent added cubes.
How many linear feet of crackfill do you get per box of crack filler?
You will get 300-400 linear feet of coverage per 50lb box of hot pour crack fill.
What do I do with my left over crack fill?
Simply turn off the heat, let it cool and you can reheat the crack fill when needed.
How do I clean my RY10 when I'm done filling cracks?
There is no need to clean the RY10. Simply use all your crack fill and leave it empty or turn off the heat and cool the remaining crack filler for the next use.
How many wheels are on the RY10 crack melter applicator?
There are two rear wheels and a smaller rotating wheel on the front of the RY10 crack melter applicator.
Safety precautions must be observed when using this equipment.
Failure to follow these directions and to exercise reasonable care can result in damage or injury.
- Move the RY10 so it will be at least six feet from combustible material. Load the RY10's kettle with 50 pounds of crack filler. Cardboard box must be removed. Plastic bag can stay and will melt into heated material when stirred.
- Light the LP torch. Always remove torch from kettle before lighting.
- Insert the torch in the burner well without smothering the flame. NOTE: If the torch is inserted in the burner well when the flame is at full blast, it is likely to be smothered before it can start an up draft. If the torch is smothered while in the burner well of the kettle, it is extremely important to allow any unburned gas in the kettle well to vent before reinserting the torch. If the wind is a factor, locate the Flex Kettle so burner is operating down wind. Shielding may also be necessary.
- Make sure the torch is in the proper position within the burner well's center. Remove any obstructions. 5. After waiting a moment allowing the circulation of air to start around the pan, the regulating valve can be adjusted as needed.
- The Flex Kettle is designed to draw off liquid for use as soon as pouring temperature is reached. In heating remember that the heat penetrates the block of crack filler slowly. Waiting for blocks to completely melt is inefficient and time consuming. For best results and fastest melting, use material as it liquefies. When operating at high flame, stir the material frequently as it heats. Extended heating over 400° F will destroy elastomeric polymers.
- Agitate the crack filler before applying it or drawing off. Agitation will increase melting rate and keep unmelted portion of polybag away from draw off valve.
- Flashing can be completely prevented by not allowing the material to exceed 400° F. Remove the torch if the crack filler gets too hot. For normal operation, half the normal flame on the torch gives sufficient heat. If flashing occurs, close the cover. Never use water to extinguish a fire in the RY10. Always have an extinguisher available rated to combat oil fires.
- You do not need to drain or clean out the RY10's kettle. However, it will be much easier to start up the next time with the least amount of leftover crackfiller in the kettle. WARNING: Never allow the torch to fire in an empty kettle.
- If you cover the kettle vent holes while the torch is in operation; you will stop draft and smother the flame. Whenever the kettle is stored, it should be covered to prevent water from collecting in the pan.