How To Choose Maine Asphalt Companies
Many homeowners with damaged or unsealed asphalt generally begin their research of Maine asphalt companies by contacting the Maine Asphalt Pavement Association.
When choosing among asphalt companies for your next project, it's important to select one that is reputable and competent. First, you'll need to review the work from asphalt companies that have an established reputation. Ask for signs of reputability such as an insurance certificate, job pictures and locations, their warranty and guarantee, and testimonials from previous customers.
Then, once you've narrowed down your selection, here are some important questions to ask:
• What is the training of the individuals who will be working on the project?
• What are my options for the project, and what are the benefits of the different approaches?
• How do you communicate with your clients?
• What is your customer service policy?
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you stay current with new technologies and products?
• Are there any current promotions or value-added client services?
• What can I expect while the project is in progress?
Of course, you will definitely want to receive proposals from more than one contractor. Compare both pricing, the type of products that will be used, estimated time frame, and warranty. Don't just settle with the Maine asphalt company that has the lowest price.
Before making any decision, go check out some past jobs of a couple of asphalt companies on your short list. Talk to the homeowners, and make sure that their pavement looks uniform, smooth, and evenly coated.
Finally, always get a written contract or agreement with a guarantee before you begin. Ideally, only provide a deposit before the work with the remainder to be paid at the time of successful completion of the project.