2' Infrared Asphalt Heater - RY2X2
Availability: In stock
Reheat, don't replace! Save money, save time, and save the environment with this innovative infrared asphalt heater.Read more
Add These To Minimize Your Effort!
Have question? We're here to help!
Speak to an Asphalt Expert!
06/17/2022: This product is will start shipping in 4 weeks.
Small potholes (basketball-sized or less)? Asphalt seams? Drainage repairs? Alligator cracking? You don't need to replace the asphalt - you can reheat and rejuvenate it with a portable asphalt heater! Oil spots eating away at your asphalt surface? Burn them off with the asphalt infrared machine and you'll preserve pavement and improve its look, too!
- Safely regulate your heat
- Repair 4 sq. feet on under 15 minutes
- No need for large quantities of asphalt to repair small areas. Simply heat, rake, compact, and go
How does this portable infrared asphalt heater work?
The RY2X2 Infrared Asphalt Heater is easy to use. Simply place it over the distressed asphalt point, light the self-contained burner, and in as little as five to 10 minutes, this heater will have the asphalt brought back to its original mixing temperature. Remove the machine, rake the asphalt into place, compact the asphalt with a vibrating plate or plate compactor, and you're all done!
In the past, you'd have to drive to the asphalt plant, buy new asphalt, dig up the old asphalt, replace it, and then figure out where to dispose of the old asphalt . . . all of those steps are eliminated now! Just wheel the portable infrared asphalt heater into place, light it, and you're halfway done! The unit weighs just 90lbs and features heat-shielded caster wheels, so you can operate it with just one person – no crew needed to move it around.
This infrared asphalt repair equipment is built to last: the frame is 11 gauge steel, and the stainless steel and ceramic heater cartridge has an average lifespan of 1,500 hours.
The RY2X2 asphalt heating machine uses actual infrared heating (not blue flame heating) through a ceramic mesh cartridge. This provides the best heat distribution of any infrared heater for asphalt in its class.
Like all RynoWorx products, this unit puts safety first. No open torch flame that can blow out or leak propane on the job. And the regulator with a built-in pressure gauge means you always know how much fuel is flowing so you can turn the heater temperature up or down.
How can you make money with this? You can do asphalt repairs all year-round, but especially for emergency winter pothole repair.
Looking for infrared asphalt repair equipment for sale? You're in luck because you landed on the right website. Learn more about our RY2X2 asphalt reheat systems below or chat with us if you have any questions about this unit.
Have question? We're here to help!
Speak to an Asphalt Expert!
|Heating Area||24" x 24"|
|Frame Steel Thickness||11 Gauge|
|Kettle Loading Height||17.5"|
|Assembled Dimensions||45.1" x 23.0" x 38.4"|
|Weight||90 lbs / 40.9 kg|
|Shipping Dimensions||36" x 26" x 20"|
|Shipping Weight||One package - 120 lbs.|
|Max Fuel Pressure||35 psi|
|Burner Type||75,000 BTU/hr Infrared|
|Heater Cartridge||Stainless Steel and Ceramic|
|Shop for Replacement Parts:|
Share your thoughts with other customers
Top customer reviews
- Fantastic customer serviceFantastic customer service with expert knowledge and advice. Highly recommend this company for anyone looking to get into the asphalt maintenance business.
- Ry2×2Excellent equipment. For medium pothole repair tools
- Infrared asphalt heaterWorks perfectly. Even in the cold. This ones gonna bring in the cash.
- Absolutely worth it!I cannot begin to express how handy the ry2x2's are! Definitely a time saver for us!
- The IR ry2x2 units performed terrific! They should be flying out of your warehouse! Thanks again!The IR ry2x2 units performed terrific! They should be flying out of your warehouse! Thanks again!
- Great price okay qualityI purchased this machine to add services to my sealcoating business on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Overall the price point is great. The machine works well heats up quickly and does its job. Where I am not impressed is the quality of the machine upon taking it out of the box reading the manual putting together the few bolt-ons. I noticed the front legs were bent and the machine rocks. This is a liability for not only my crew but my business. For the money spent I would have expected this to nRead moreot been an issue clearly coming from the factory it should have never passed a quality test overall just not happy with the quality. Price, value, and overall working components are great!
- IR HeaterThis baby is perfect for small hard to get areas
- This IR machine is fantastic.This IR machine is fantastic. Great value for money all contractors must have this for sure.
- RY 2x2We’re working on a project at the Super Walmart in Charleston South Carolina, and I just wanted to take a minute and let you know how impressed I am with this little infrared machine. We are currently using it as part of a larger project we have underway here. There was some patching and Walmart Management had some concerns about possible trip hazards up near the building. Were using our little infrared machine to take down those trip hazards rework that asphalt and make it seamless where it joRead moreins the existing asphalt right up by the building to eliminate the trip hazards. This is a great little machine and I look forward to getting a bigger machine for bigger projects. I’ll send you some photos. All the best!
- This is a fantastic piece of patching equipment.I pre-ordered one of these for my business and after it arrives it sat for a few days before I took it out for its first use. It comes about 95% assembled and its very well packaged.
It's really sturdy too. Operation is easy too. You simply open the gas, set the regulator to 12psi and stick a torch under it for a few seconds to ignite it. A=Once lit, crank the pressure to 30psi and let it cook the spot you want to patch for about 10 min. Scarify the surface, add HMA if needed, smootRead moreh and compact. That's pretty much it.
This really is a great patching tool and it works just like the sales demonstration video says and shows. This thing will earn its keep with us very fast. Everyone on my crew that has used it so far loves it. We're now shopping larger IR units. If you're in the business and you're on the fence about this, do yourself a favor and get one. You'll be glad you did. I know I'm glad I did.
- I freaking love this thingFirst Impression of the Little Infrared Judd Burdon is selling!
I freaking love this thing for what it is. For smaller repairs, this thing kicks Ass I’m my opinion! Only thing I may do different would be to have wheels on all 4 corners. This thing is great!
RY2X2 Infrared Asphalt Heaters will bring distressed asphalt back to life. Infrared technology allows you to heat up and soften damaged areas so that they can be re-worked and compacted to appear brand new. In as little as 5 minutes this heater will have the asphalt brought to its original mixing temperature, allowing for effective and cost-efficient repairs. You’ll now be able to spend minimal time repairing potholes, bird baths, cracks, and surface imperfections on both new and used asphalt.
- Eliminate trips to purchase new asphalt and dispose of old damaged asphalt by simply re-heating and re-working the affected areas.
- The Mini Infrared Heater has one of the lowest operating costs on the market, in ideal operating conditions you can run your heater for as little as $1.50 per hour.
- The Mini Infrared Heater design is self-contained and unlike an open flame torch, will not be affected by weather conditions. Since there is no torch you can work on even the windiest days.
- The heater cartridge has a typical life of 1,500 hours and can easily be replaced in less than 20 minutes.
- Caster wheels with heat shields allow a single operator to maneuver throughout parking lots and driveways without needing a second person to move the heater.
- Ergonomic adjustable handlebars allow for a compact footprint during transportation and a raised position during operation.
- Adjustable regulator with built-in pressure gauge allows for safe and precise control of fuel flow and heater temperature.
- Infrared heater technology replaces the need for an open torch flame which creates a safer work area for the operator.