- 5-gallon pail
- Shortens sealer drying time
- Thickens up diluted sealer
- Great for sand and slurry mixes
If you need faster curing time AND a viscosity modifier to thicken and gel up diluted sealer, the FSA Plus Dual Action Additive is what you need. This dual-action polymer/copolymer latex additive works just like the FSA and more! It has a built-in thickening agent that helps build viscosity for total sand encapsulation and dispersion, making it excellent for slurry mixes.
- Pavement Sealer – 100 gallons
- Water – 10 to 50 gallons
- FSA Plus – 2 to 5 gallons
- Sand – 0 to 600 lbs
The formulation above is only a suggested starting point. Actual mix ratio will depend on the job requirements, as well as what works best for your crew and equipment. Generally:
- More FSA Plus will shorten the sealer drying time. Up to a point, more FSA Plus will result in a thicker, more viscous sealcoat. Past that point, any more FSA Plus added will actually thin out the mixture. This point varies according to sealer brand and type.
- More sand will thicken the mixture. More sealer will thicken the mixture.
- More water will thin out the mixture. Too much water will cause issues with handling and drying time.
Mixing the Sealcoating Material
FSA Plus does not require pre-dilution but should be mixed well before using. Add prepared FSA Plus and some water into the predetermined amount of sealer, and then begin agitation. It is better to start with only a small amount of water and continue adding as needed to avoid thinning the mixture too much from the start.
- Fog spray the pavement with water to dampen it, but do not use too much. Too much water will leave puddles and thin out the pre-mixed sealer.
- FSA Plus-fortified sealer can be applied using a sprayer system, squeegee, or brush.
- When applying sealer, ambient temperature should not fall below 50⁰F, and no rain must be forecasted with 24 hours after application.
- If necessary, apply a second coat if the first coat has dried enough without scuffing. After allowing the second coat to dry, check to make sure no tracking or scuff marks are visible before opening the pavement for regular use and traffic.
Note: If you own the AK130, AK230, Drum Spray System, Tote Spray System or Portable Spray System, you cannot use sand. Use FSA Plus without sand in these machines.