Safe, reliable and easy to use: if you are looking for a machine to take the back-breaking work out of occasional crack filling jobs, this is a great entry-level machine.
- Melt crackfiller and apply it from the same machine
- Field-tested equipment designed to make crackfilling easy
- Ships to your door or job site
It’s easy to use: simply put bricks of hot pour crack filler in the machine, heat them up to 350*F, and then walk along the cracks, applying the crack fill from the handlebar squeeze valve. If you can mow the lawn, you can use this machine.
Start by thoroughly cleaning out all the cracks on the pavement. If any cracks are deeper than ½”, top them up with sand and gravel. Make sure you have burned out any vegetation. Then heat the rubberized crack filler and go. Remember to agitate the crack filler in the kettle every few minutes to prevent it from burning.
The RY10 Base Model features a valve control arm to adjust the spring tension, making it easier to control how much sealant you are releasing. It’s 150,000 BTU torch melts rubber sealant fast. You can also pull it out of its holster and use it for melting vegetation or burning built-up sealant off the machine’s wheels.
The machine also features:
- Glycerin thermometer so you can read the gauge while you walk
- Rear wheels with double bearings for increased stability
- Fuel pressure regulator on the hose
- Latching lid for easy transportation
- Ratchet strap to keep your propane tank in place
If you plan to crackfill more than one property, we’d recommend you upgrade to the RY10 with the Ergokit. It has handlebar agitation controls that will let you work more efficiently, stirring your crackfill without having to stop.
If you plan to do crackfilling professionally, look at the RY10 Pro or Elite for more features to save money on fuel, and time on melting.